Insurance in France

Make sure you're fully covered for your next holiday by clicking on one of the insurance providers below. It only takes a few minutes to cover you, your family and your car.

Car Breakdown Insurance
Breakdown Insurance Click here for:
Car Breakdown Insurance with Voyager
Personal Insurance
Personal insurance Click here for:
Personal Insurance with Voyager Insurance

Click here for:
Personal Insurance with MPI Insurance

Click here for:
Personal Insurance with Holiday Extras

Click here for:
Single Trip Insurance with Holiday Extras
Annual Insurance
Annual insurance Click here for:
Annual Personal Insurance with Holiday Extras
Family Insurance
Family insurance Click here for:
Family Insurance with Holiday Extras
Combined Personal and Breakdown Insurance
Personal and breakdown insurance Click here for:
Combined Personal and Breakdown Insurance with Voyager Insurance
Specialist Insurance
Specialist insurance Click here for:
Pre-Existing Condition Insurance with Holiday Extras

Click here for:
Over 65's Insurance with Holiday Extras

Click here for:
Childrens Insurance with Holiday Extras 

It is important that your family has adequate travel/medical insurance during your stay in France. The European Health Insurance card (EHIC) alone is not adequate, nor is the free personal accident cover given by some credit cards.
Acceptance of your booking by Matthews Holidays is conditional upon you taking out cancellation, medical and third party risks insurance at the time of booking.
A normal UK comprehensive car insurance policy only provides third party cover when you travel outside the UK unless you extend the cover. You should comply with the terms of your own motor insurance policy and arrange for an extension of cover for Continental use before travel. Continental motoring assistance we offer is not a substitute for extending your comprehensive car insurance cover.
There are, of course, many different sources for travel insurance and vehicle assistance that you can choose from.  To assist you in your search, we are pleased to provide the following links to Voyager Insurance Services Ltd, MPI and Holiday Extras, who all offer a range of travel and car breakdown assistance policies.  Please note that we cannot advise upon or recommend any particular insurance arrangements and any enquiries you may have related to thesepolicies should be addressed directly to the insurance provider.

Learn about the EHIC and apply or renew now

The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) replaced the old E111 in 2006.
Your EHIC lets UK residents get state healthcare at a reduced cost or sometimes for free. It will cover you for treatment that is needed to allow you to continue your stay until your planned return. It also covers you for treatment of pre-existing medical conditions and for routine maternity care, as long as you're not going abroad to give birth.
The EHIC is valid in all European Economic Area (EEA) countries, including Switzerland. You can apply for a free EHIC online. The new EHIC application form can be obtained from the Post Office. Forms are also available to download from the Department of Health's website
These forms should be completed in black ink and taken to the Post Office for approval.
An EHIC renewal or application is entirely free of charge. However, other unofficial websites may charge you if you apply through them.
The EHIC replaced the old E111 in 2006. The card is not an alternative to travel insurance. It will not cover any private medical healthcare or costs such as being flown back to the UK, or lost or stolen property. Therefore, it is important to have both an EHIC and a valid private travel insurance policy. Some insurers now insist you hold an EHIC and many will waive the excess if you have one.